Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Camp NaNoWriMo



This month, I’m going on an adventure.  I’m participating in CampNaNoWriMo.  There will be lots of writing, a few merit badges, and by month end, a completed novel.  Camp is very similar to November's NaNoWriMo, except that it's held in April and June, you pick your very own word count goal (I’m going for 50K anyway), and you are encouraged to ‘rebel’ if you want.  I’m rebelling in that I’d already started the novel prior to April 1st.  I'm not counting any of the words already written towards my 50,000, but it's still an acto of rebellion.  8-)  Many others are writing scripts, screenplays, short story collections, memories, non-fiction, and more.


If you’d like to follow me on my adventure, you can find my Camper Profile here, and be sure to check out my Novel Info and my Stats for the months.  And It’s not to late to join me in the fun, just sign up, pick your word count goal, and start writing!

Several members of the Camp NaNo community have worked on a list of merit badges to be earned during camp.  You can find them on the forums here, or on the blog of NaNo Writer Whitedove here.  I’ll be listing the badges I’ve earned on each Camp NaNo post, starting with today’s, and then a final list at the end of the month.

Badges Earned so far:

Goed Begonnen- Start Writing!
Double Or Nothing --- Write 3334 words on the first day of a Camp
Bronze Fingertips --- Write 5k in 1 Day
Mid-day Meal --- Write during your lunch-break or while eating lunch
Modern --- Write at least 1000 words on a computer or other electronic device

No comments:

Post a Comment